Sign in to follow this  
sirjonasxx

Thoughts on habbo 2020?

Posted (edited)

So habbo2020 is just around the corner and it seems like it is going a bit slower than expected. The deadline is coming soon and the beta testing phase hasn't even started yet

Here are some screenshots they shared:

Spoiler

Fin de Flash - #Habbo2020, on en est où ? - HabboAndChill

Dossiers Archives - HabboAndChillFin de Flash - #Habbo2020, on en est où ? - HabboAndChill

(note that some of the screenshots are probably outdated and have been corrected already, but we wouldn't know since they've not been communicating well lately)

Im wondering what your thoughts are on the following things:

* What features do you think they will drop? and potentially introduce?

* How will they fill in the "level" system?

* How do you think about them only selecting fansite members and ambassadors (and sometimes BAW) as their beta testers? Do you think they will represent the community well enough & isn't it risky to have no people with a scripting background doing some bug testing?

* Do you think #habbo2020 will change habbo in a positive way? (looking at player-count)

Edited by sirjonasxx

I think they will actually drop quite some features, starting with the camera and hopefully stuff that has no purpose these days like room promotions, rentables, talents & helper/guardian tools. I hope they don't drop Forums but I'm a little scared for it. I don't think we will see any new feature on launch except for the level system

I've heard they don't even know how they are going to use it themselves, but I hope it will not be a literal translation coming from achievement scores (because some are fucked up with the facebook stuff), I do hope achievement badges on its own contribute to the leveling system. My guess is that every level will have some perks or rewards to redeem, like extra BC items or a few days of free HC, maybe some badges and furniture as well

* How do you think about them only selecting fansite members and ambassadors (and sometimes BAW) as their beta testers? Do you think they will represent the community well enough & isn't it risky to have no people with a scripting background doing some bug testing?

I have no idea why they are doing this, those people got to where they are right now by supporting Habbo and less for supporting the players. Some of them are scared to have an opinion that might be upsetting to Sulake, but I can't speak for all of them, obviously. They should really include some general players tbh

* Do you think #habbo2020 will change habbo in a positive way? (looking at player-count)

I honestly have no idea. I think for the existing userbase, they could lose some users depending on how big the UI transition is. If it has a positive impact on the game, it has to come from attracting new audiences, which they can only get by promoting Habbo well enough

Honestly, I haven't played Habbo since a long time. I don't know which features still in and which aren't. But I hope they keep the camera in 🙂

As long as they aren't fill it with some kind of system to make money (something like pay2win) and make it more like real achievements (like online time etc.) I'm happy.

* How do you think about them only selecting fansite members and ambassadors (and sometimes BAW) as their beta testers? Do you think they will represent the community well enough & isn't it risky to have no people with a scripting background doing some bug testing?

I would love to see the scripting community testing for bugs. We could be really useful, but I don't think they gonna take the chance.

It would be cool if they would concentrate on the basic features, but make them as good as possible. Today it feels more like a mess of features. Also I think they should focus more on games inside habbo.

Also I think they should focus more on games inside habbo.

yeah totally agree here

I just want to dance on Habbo not more..

My think is that Habbo is slowly dying  since a few years. The quarantine bought  back some players (like meh) but still, stats are dropping. Maybe Habbo 2020 will get some new players to make the game revive but Habbo was created in 2000 and it's "concept" is really getting old. I'm afraid Habbo won't last if they don't either make a new game (not hotel hideaway, it sucks) either make a really big update with a lot of new features (and not only new furni).

Really hard to tell rn

It seems to me that people have run out of good ideas, it gives the impression that they are just trying to recycle Hotel Hideaway features.

• Thanks 1

Seeing this makes me really glad I quit the game early enough, but makes me also really wonder what Sulake thinks about their game nowadays, or what retro developers are going to do. Can't imagine the kids who plays this have the same fun we had 10 - 15 years ago.

2 hours ago, moe said:

Seeing this makes me really glad I quit the game early enough, but makes me also really wonder what Sulake thinks about their game nowadays, or what retro developers are going to do. Can't imagine the kids who plays this have the same fun we had 10 - 15 years ago.

There is a few html5 projects that are still about, alot got started and ditched tho

Posted (edited)

what will happen to the scripts on the new platform that Habbo will implement?

Edited by AKreel

On 7/8/2020 at 7:15 PM, AKreel said:

what will happen to the scripts on the new platform that Habbo will implement?

They won't work anymore.

I think all in all its gonna be bad. I think they are rushing it, like they already say its "work in progress" and all, but we know Sulake very well. They never had that much competence in fixing bugs and doing stuff for the community. I think they will implement more ways to make money, I think that will keep being the focus.

If they would honestly care they would involve the community more, maybe do one or two polls about feature priority if even just to give an illusion that our opinion matters.
I am looking forward to all the 0-Days because I am 100% sure that Habbo is going to release some buggy HTML5 software. They don't have the expertise nor the time or money to release a full on habbo clone in less than a year. I am also sure they will have to remove a lot of features altho they also said that they are going to imporve the marketplace by a lot in the new release... Let's see if they'll make it to the deadline of December 2020 😉 

• Like 2